ShickshinnyForward Presents the Fall Warrior Trail Walk/Run and River Sojourn Come out on Saturday, October 27, 2012
*Free event – Please register by Wed. , Oct 24th In cooperation with Endless Mountain Outfitters and Susquehanna Warrior Trail
Join us for an afternoon of kayaking, biking and walking as we invite you and your family to help support Shickshinny. With fall fast approaching, it’s a great way to enjoy our area’s natural beauty by enjoying the trail or paddling the Susquehanna River. Let’s create traffic on the trail! Hope to see you there.
Kayak rentals are available in advance from Endless Mountain Outfitters. Call 570-746-9140
Kayak Schedule – 7 mile paddle begins at Hunlock Trailhead (drive in).
- 9am: Sign in/ prep
- 10am launch as a group.
- Noon: Vegetarian/non-veg snack (with paid lunch)
- 2pm: Arrive in Shickshinny for paid lunch or bring your own. Vegetarian or non-veg soup, sandwich, drink “standing” lunch. Must preregister for paid lunch.
- 2:30-3pm: Organized event ends–stay if you like.
Trail Walk/ Jog/ Biking Schedule:
- Park at any of the three trailheads: Hunlock Creek, Union Township or Shickshinny Park.
- Enjoy a self guided trail experience and meet us at 2pm in Shickshinny to welcome the kayak sojourn onto shore.
- Register for lite veg or non-veg “standing” lunch.
- Organized event ends at 2:30-3pm or stay if you like.
INFORMATION/ REGISTER: Please register if you plan to attend and let us know your plans for lunch. Call Brian 570-542-5330 or firstname.lastname@example.org This is a *FREE family event unless you plan to stay for paid lunch — menu to be determined at nominal cost.
The ShickshinnyForward mission is to promote Business, Recreation and Tourism in our post flood Community.